Hey entrepreneurs out there, ever notice how hard it is to build a company? Yeah, it’s hard as hell. This week I mentioned to one of my close entrepreneur friends how “It doesn’t matter how smart you think you are, how much money you have, or how many connections you have. It’s still hard as hell, every single day.”
He sent me back this note that I wanted to share.
You already know it’s hard. For true entrepreneurs, this is what every day looks like:
1. Work every day like you just lost your biggest client.
2. Work with integrity to your team, clients, and family.
3. Come in early and stay late.
4. Do your best every day. When you leave the office ask yourself: did I do my best today? If no… turn your ass around and go back.
5. Be hungry
6. Collaborate always and let others take credit. It’s not all yours.
7. Put a picture of your inspirational successful investors (for us, this is Tom Noonan) on your desk in an Uncle Sam hat pointing at you and look at it all the time.
8. Constantly simplify the mission into bitesize chunks to keep yourself from being overwhelmed and to stay on task.
9. Use your vision board. Think in detail about your successful future as if it is inevitable and operate as such.
10. No matter what, keep your confidence. That’s the most important tool in your belt. If you lose that, everything will fall apart.
NOW UNLEASH THE FURY.